Raspberry Breakfast Tarts (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Enjoy a kid favourite treat, guilt free! There's no excess sugar, plus they're gluten free, dairy free, vegan and nut free!
Servings: 8 Tarts
- 1 ½ Cup “Bob’s Red Mill” Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 6 tbsp “Earth Balance” Vegan Spread Cold
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax
- 6 tbsp Ice Cold Water
- 3/4 cup “Crofter’s” Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup “Better Than Sugar” Chicory Inulin
- 3 tbsp “So Delicious” Coconut Beverage Unsweetened
- ½ tsp “Frontier” Vanilla Extract
- Natural Sprinkles optional
- Combine all dough ingredients in a bowl until a dough ball forms. Wrap into plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll the dough out to desired thickness. Cut out rectangular pieces and repeat the process until all the dough is used up.
- For the icing, combine all icing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Pre heat your oven to 375F.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place one layer of dough sheets and spread raspberry jam in the center, making sure to leave a bit of space around the edges. Top with a second piece of dough on each tart and seal by pressing the edges with your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cover with icing (and sprinkles if desired) while hot.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!