Baked Squash Mac n’ “Cheese” (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Every kid loves mac n cheese so why not sneak in some healthy squash in the sauce without them even noticing! They will even be asking for seconds!
Servings: 8 Kids
- 454 g Quinoa Elbows
- Sea Salt To Salt Water
- 5 L Water
- 1 Medium Organic Butternut Squash
- ½ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Large Organic Onion
- 3-4 Cloves Organic Garlic
- ½ Cup Organic “Silk” Coconut Beverage Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil Buttery Flavour
- Bring water to a boil and season. Boil for 8 minutes until al dente or follow package instructions and slightly undercook.
- Pre heat your oven to 375F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half – lengthwise and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork goes through with no effort. Keep the oven on.
- Over medium high heat, sauté onions and garlic with buttery flavoured coconut oil, until translucent.
- In a high speed blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients and pour over cooked pasta.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.