Apricot Fruit Bread
May marks the beginning of the apricot harvesting season. What better way to celebrate than with a delicious gluten-free apricot fruit bread recipe made with brown rice flour?
Nutrients in apricots can help protect the heart and eyes. They’re also rich in dietary fiber and beta-carotene which helps to prevent heart disease, among others.
Rice flour is high in protein and is rich in B vitamins. It is also packed with nutrients such as calcium and zinc along with dietary fiber. Dietary fiber has been shown to lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar levels, and promote regular bowel movements.
- 1 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup apricot conserves (fruit juice sweetened)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice & 1tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped, dried, unsulfured apricots
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Grease a standard-size loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350F degrees
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and jam.
- Add flour, spices, and baking soda and stir until your batter is evenly moist.
- If the consistency feels too thick you can add a few drops of water or vanilla soy milk to the mixture.
- Fold in apricots, currants and cranberries.
- Pour your batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into centre comes out clean.
Let us know what you thought of this recipe or share your own gluten-free recipe by leaving us a comment below.