Celebrate a Healthy Harvest with Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Goodness!
For those of you looking to celebrate the season in good health, here’s a fantastic recipe to enjoy after heading to the local pumpkin patch!
Remember to let us know what you think in the comments down below!
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 6eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice/nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a standard muffin tray or use paper liners (paper is probably ideal).
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl together until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and honey/maple syrup.
- Measure dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice/nutmeg) into a sifter and slowly sift into the wet ingredients, whisking as you do so that you don’t have lumps in the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.