Celebrate earth month with this dairy-free, vegan spin on the classic tiramisu, featuring organic, fairtrade coffee that supports ethical business practices and sustainable farming methods.
Servings: 32 Pieces
- 1 1/2 All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Organic, Fairtrade Espresso Cooled
- 2 Cups Organic Fairtrade Coffee Cooled
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Cans Organic “Thai Kitchen” Coconut Milk Fat 400mL/ea
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Oil Liquid
- ½ Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp “Frontier” Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Coffee Extract
Light Brown Cream:
- ½ of Base Cream
- 1/3 Cup Lucuma Powder
Dark Brown Cream:
- ½ of Base Cream
- 1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
- ½ Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients and spread thinly onto two parchment-lined baking trays. Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the “base cream” ingredients until smooth, ensuring each of the ingredients is room temperature. In case the mixture separates, simply heat over a double boiler until it comes together.
- Divide the “base cream” in half and add Lucuma to one half and cacao powder to the other. Mix well and refrigerate for several hours until fully set.
- To assemble, cut each of the thin cake layers in half, forming 4 total cake layers.
- Dip each of the cake layers into “dipping liquid” right before layering.
- Divide both dark cream and light cream into half and set aside.
- In a rectangular glass baking dish start the assembly with a cake layer, followed by dark cream, another cake layer and topped with light cream. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up and top with chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour before cutting.
Each Serving Contains: 202 calories; 2g protein; 12 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 21g total carbohydrates; 12 g of sugar; 100 mg sodium