Roasted Fennel, Celery Root & Turmeric Hummus
This is an excellent way to spruce up and nutritionally boost an old classic like chickpea hummus. Join us this Earth Health month in exploring new flavors that are good for our health and the health of our planet!
Servings: 2 People
- 175 g Canned Chick Peas
- 1 Small Fennel Bulb
- 100 g Celery Root
- 35 ml Water
- 20 ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 20 g Tahini
- 15 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 g Fresh Garlic (Minced)
- 1 g Turmeric Powder
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Peel your celery root and cut into small cubes.
- Cut and core out your fennel bulb and cut into large cubes.
- Toss both your celery root and fennel in a tablespoon of olive oil, and roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 -35 min or until they are soft and lightly caramelized.
- Blend chickpeas, along with the roasted vegetables in your food processor until smooth, use water, lemon juice and olive oil to help the blending.
- Add the tahini, garlic, and turmeric near the end and serve with vegetables or crackers!