Featured Recipe: Raw Vegan Earth Bowl
This is no ordinary raw vegan zucchini noodle dish. It combines the goodness of earthy root vegetables and provides a source of fibre, calcium, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Servings: 3 People
- 3 cups Zucchini (1 Large Zucchini Spiralized)
- 1 cup Golden Beets (Grated)
- 1 cup Carrot (Grated)
- 2 cups Fennel (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 cup Red Pepper (Julienned)
- 0.25 cup Hemp Seeds
- 0.5 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 0.5 cup Thompson Raisins
- 0.25 cup Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 0.5 cup Orange Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 0.5 cup Sunflower Oil
- 0.5 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 cm Ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic (Minced)
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 0.5 cup Water
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Mix all of the vegetables and half of the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and raisins in a large bowl.
- Combine thoroughly with dressing and top with remaining hemp, pumpkin seeds and raisins.
Yummy! This might be nice with a ‘Thai’ twist – with a kick of chilli and lime!