“Havarti” Anaheim Poppers
These Anaheim poppers are a spicy way to start a meal. Inspired by the classic jalapeno poppers, this appetizer is gluten free and dairy free!
Servings: 6 Poppers
- 6 Organic Anaheim Peppers
- 2/3 Pack “Daiya” Havarti Cheese
- 1 Cup Organic Chickpea Flour
- ½ Cup Organic Corn Meal
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Cup Water
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Remove the stem and seeds of 6 Anaheim peppers, keeping them whole.
- Cut the Daiya Havarti into rectangles and stuff the peppers with them snugly.
- In a bowl, combine all of the batter ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Dip the stuffed peppers into batter and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and allow to cool slightly before serving.