Dessert Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips (Vegan)
You can have your dessert and detox too! Fresh fruits served in the style of salsa is an interesting and new way to get your sweet fix and keep it clean.
Servings: 6 People
- 1 Organic Honey Crisp Apple
- 1 Organic Bartlett Pear
- 2 Organic Ripe Persimmons
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp Nutmeg
- Splash of Maple Syrup Optional
- 5 Small Tortilla Wraps of choice
- 5 tsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Melted
- 2.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 tsp Xylitol Granules
- Pre heat your oven to 350F.
- On each of the tortilla wraps, spread evenly the coconut oil, followed by cinnamon and xylitol.
- Cut each wrap into 16 triangular pieces and bake for 7 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- * For an even healthier alternative, use dehydrated apple chips instead of tortillas or just top up your oatmeal or yogurt with the apple salsa.
- Finely dice the apples, pears and persimmons and combine in a mixing bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg and optionally maple syrup. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with chips as a clean and healthy dessert!
- To utilize this recipe in warmer and colder months, keep the salsa raw in the spring and summer and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes during the fall and winter months for a more warming dessert.
Each Serving Contains: 180 calories; 0 g protein; 6 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 27 g total carbohydrates (5 g of sugar); 1 mg sodium