Featured Recipe: Curried Mungbean Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Curried Mungbean Soup
A true warming winter dish, creamy and rich, with added anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric.
Servings: 8 People
- 8-10 Cups Organic Mungbeans Cooked
- 1 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 2 tbsp Organic Ginger Minced
- 2 tbsp “Arvynda’s” Curry Masala
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Whole Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Cup “Nutiva” Coconut Oil Buttery Flavour
- 1 L Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 Can Organic “Nature’s Emporium” Coconut Milk 400mL
- Sea Salt to Taste
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds in coconut oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients, increase heat to medium high and bring to simmer.
- Lower heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with a piece of naan bread or on its own.
Could you publish the calorie count/protein etc stats for this?
Good news; we actually put together the nutrition facts for you!
Total calories per serving: 359, Protein: 17g, Carbs: 54g (Sugar: 2g), Fat: 9g
Hope that helps!
To substitute for the curry masala, should I use garam masala or curry powder?
Thanks for reaching out. We’d suggest curry powder!
-Your friends @ Nature’s Emporium