Featured Recipe: Citrus Preserve Crepes (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
Citrus Preserve Crepes
These gourmet crepes are not only gluten free, dairy free and nut free, but also very satisfying to your sweet tooth - bursting with citrus flavour!
Servings: 12 Crepes
- 2 Cups Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Organic Flax Seeds Ground
- 1 Can “Thai Kitchen” Organic Coconut Milk 400mL
- ½ tbsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
Citrus Preserve (Makes 2 Cups):
- 3 Small Mineola Oranges + Zest of 1
- 1 Medium Grapefruit
- 2 Medium Meyer Lemons + Zest
- ½ Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Pectin
- Soy Whip To Taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the crepe ingredients.
- Ladle a desired amount onto a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine all of the citrus preserve ingredients in a high speed blender and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Refrigerate and allow to cool completely.
- Assemble your crepes by spreading the citrus preserve first and topping it with a dollop of soy whip. Roll and enjoy!
Each Serving Contains: 233 calories; 6g protein; 8 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 37 g total carbohydrates (8 g of sugar); 176 mg sodium
Leave a Comment