Featured Recipe: Tofu Scramble & Asparagus Burrito (Vegan)
Tofu Scramble & Asparagus Burrito
This protein, fibre and antioxidant rich vegan, egg-free burrito makes a fantastic breakfast or lunch on the go, and tastes just like real eggs!
Servings: 5 Burritos
- 2 Packs “Wildwood” Sprouted Organic Tofu (Firm Crumbled – (397g)
- 1 Large Organic Onions Diced
- 2 Medium Organic Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 Bunch Organic Asparagus Chopped
- 1 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 0.5 Cup Water
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Large Tortilla Wraps of Choice
- Pre-heat a large sauté pan with olive oil and cook the onions, red peppers and asparagus over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the nutritional yeast with water and sea salt until fully dissolved.
- Pour over the scramble and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place scramble on top of your tortilla wrap and finish with any heart healthy condiments of choice and wrap up like a burrito!
- *Optionally add Daiya or “Nuts Cheese” cheese, and finish in a Panini press!
Each Serving Contains: 463 calories; 31g protein; 17 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 46 g total carbohydrates (4 g of sugar); 596 mg sodium
Wonderful recipes! Thank you! I looove Natures Emporium!
Thanks Pam – we really appreciate the kind words!
-Your friends @ Nature’s Emporium