Featured Recipe: Fruit & Nut Chocolate Energy Bars (Vegan)
Fruit & Nut Chocolate Energy Bars
This energizing bar offers a delicious mix of dried fruit enrobed in heart healthy dark chocolate - a perfect snack or post meal indulgence!
Servings: 24 Bars
- 10 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 0.5 Cup Dried Apricots
- 0.5 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 0.5 Cup Dried Blueberries
- 1 Cup Almonds Ground
- 1 Cup Pecans Ground
- 0.5 Cup Cacao Powder
- 0.66 Cup Cacao Butter melted
- 0.25 Cup Coconut Oil
- 0.5 Cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and pecans until fine.
- All the dried fruit to the ground nuts and process until the mass forms into a ball.
- Press into a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the cacao butter and coconut oil over medium low heat and whisk in the remaining room temperature “Chocolate Layer” ingredients.
- Cut your refrigerated fruit and nut tray into desired size bars, dip one by one into the chocolate, shake off any excess and place onto another parchment lined baking sheet to set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Store in reusable Tupperware and enjoy as a snack or dessert anytime!
Each Serving Contains: 198 calories; 2 g protein; 14 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 20 g total carbohydrates (14 g of sugar); 3 mg sodium
Leave a Comment