Sweet Potato, Kale & Mung Bean Soup
This hearty and comforting soup is packed with immune supporting nutrients, whole food organic ingredients and loads of flavour!
Servings: 8 People
- 5 Medium Organic Sweet Potatoes (Diced)
- 1 Cup Organic Mung Beans (Dry, Rinsed)
- 1 L Water
- 6 Leaves Organic Kale (Chopped)
- 1 Large Organic Onions (Diced)
- 2 Large Organic Carrots (Diced)
- 3 Stalks Organic Celery (Diced)
- 1 tbsp Organic Garlic (Minced/Micro-Grated)
- 1 tbsp Organic Ginger (Minced/Micro-Grated)
- 3 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 L Water
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- In a medium pot, bring 1L of water to a boil, add your mung beans and simmer covered over low heat for 20 minutes or until mung beans are completely cooked.
- In a large pot, sauté onions, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger in olive oil for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the large pot, including the cooked mung beans and cook for another 30 minutes over medium low heat, or until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
- Enjoy as a perfect comforting dish on a cold day.
Each Serving Contains: 167 calories; 3 g protein; 7 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 29g total carbohydrates (8 g of sugar); 172mg sodium (without added salt)