Featured Recipe: Immune Bibimbap Bowl (Vegan)
Immune Bibimbap Bowl
Asian fusion flare is omnipresent in this bowl, combining flavours from Korea to Japan, while boasting with immune supporting ingredients.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 Cups Organic Sushi Rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Pack “Henry’s” Tempeh (Sliced)
- 1 Cup Organic Shiitake Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 4 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Cup “Live” Kimchi
- 1 Pack “Classic Salads” Organic Baby Spinach (283g) (Steamed)
- 1 Large Organic Red Bell Pepper (Julienne)
- 1 Large Organic Shredded Carrot (Julienne)
- 0.5 Cup Organic Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
- 0.25 Cup Gluten Free Tamari
- 0.25 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Organic Sesame Oil (Toasted)
- 1 tsp Organic Ginger (Micro-Grated)
- 1 tbsp Organic Garlic (Micro-Grated)
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 0.5 Cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- Cook rice according to package instructions or by rinsing it thoroughly, until water runs clear, combining with 3 cups of water, bringing to a boil and simmering covered for about 20 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, cook the shiitake mushrooms in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, seasoning with salt and vinegar near the end.
- Cook the sliced tempeh in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side and season with salt.
- In a blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Prep the rest of the ingredients and assemble your bowls by placing rice on the bottom and sections of each of the ingredients on top.
- Serve with dressing on the side and mix all together immediately before diving in.
Each Serving Contains: 798 calories; 31 g protein; 31 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 111 g total carbohydrates (14 g of sugar); 534 mg sodium (without added salt)
Leave a Comment