Stuffing & Mash Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten Free)
These festive, savory Vegan cupcakes appeal to the eyes and the taste buds, making them the perfect addition to any holiday feast!
Servings: 18 Cupcakes
- 0.5 Loaf “O’Dough’s” Plain White Bread Diced
- 2 Stalks Organic Celery Diced
- 2 Medium Organic Carrots Diced
- 1 Large Organic Onion
- 3 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 0.5 tbsp Fresh Organic Thyme Minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Organic Rosemary Minced
- 0.25 Cup Organic Parsley
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 Cups “Pacific” Organic Vegetable Broth
- 0.5 Cup Organic Wild Rice + 1 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vegan Mashed Potatoes:
- 4 Medium Organic Russet Potatoes
- 0.75 Cup Organic Cashews
- 0.5 Cup Water
- 0.25 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Pack Vegan Gravy
- 0.25 Cup Organic Chives
- 18 Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dice the white loaf, toss with a splash of olive oil and bake for 20 minutes (or until crispy and golden) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook the wild rice covered, over low heat, for 30 minutes or until split and soft. Drain the water, rinse the rice and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, thyme and rosemary in olive oil with salt and pepper for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the toasted bread, sauteed veggies and herbs, cooked wild rice, fresh parsley and vegetable broth. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pack the stuffing tightly into 18 cupcake molds and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to slightly cool and flip onto a cooling rack carefully.
- Boil and peel 4 medium russet potatoes.
- Mash them using a hand masher or potato ricer and set aside.
- In a high speed blender combine the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour blender contents into the potato bowl and mash together until fully combined.
- Scoop mash potatoes on top of each of the stuffing cupcakes, drizzle with your favorite mushroom gravy and top with a cranberry. Enjoy warm!
Each "Stuffing" Serving Contains: 80 calories; 2 g protein; 3 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 13 g total carbohydrates (3 g of sugar); 164 mg sodium (Without added salt - You control the sodium level!) Each "Mashed Potatoes" Serving Contains: 56 calories; 2 g protein; 2 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 8 g total carbohydrates (1 g of sugar); 1 mg sodium (Without added salt - You control the sodium level!)