5 Healthy Tips for Earth Health Month
These tips come from Nicole Eckert, our NEW In-Store Nutritionist On-Duty @ Nature’s Newmarket.
You can meet our Nutritionists On-Duty this month during their In-Store Earth Health Month Demos – view our calendar online to find one near you!
Don’t forget to book your store tour today!: Click Here!
1. Choose Organic! When you choose organic you’re opting out of the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fungicides in your food. These chemicals are bad for our soil, our air and our well-being.
2. Turn The Lights Down Low! Make the switch to low-energy light-bulbs – like LED. Also, find a way to use the sun as your lighting during the day, while making a habit of turning lights off when you leave a room.
3. Bring Your Bike Out! Spring is here, so hop on your bike instead of in your car! This is an eco-conscious decision that benefits our planet and is also a great way to get some fun exercise!
4. Plant a Tree! Trees are our lifeline to clean air and a healthy environment. This is an easy way to give back to the planet and invest in some future shade!
5. Grow a Vegetable Garden! Plant a few seeds and see what grows! This is the best way to control what goes into your food. This sustainable practice reduces your environmental impact and reduces the overall time from “farm to table”.