Featured Recipe: Gluten-Free, Vegan Waffles
Waffles are a family favorite on weekend mornings and there is no reason why those with gluten sensitivities should have to miss out on this! These waffles are free of gluten, dairy, eggs and unhealthy fats!
Servings: 4 Large Waffles
- 3 Cups "Bob's Red Mill" White Rice Flour
- 0.5 Cups Tapioca Starch
- 0.25 Cups Almond Flour Finely Ground
- 0.25 Cups Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2.5 Cups "Pacific" Organic Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed Mixed with 1/4 cup of water per tablespoon
- 1 tbsp "Simply Organic" Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 Cups "Nutiva" Coconut Oil Extra Virgin
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle maker and pour 1 cup of batter per waffle.
- Cook until your waffle maker timer goes off, or for about 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Top with berries, coconut milk whipped cream and a healthy drizzle of maple syrup.
Each Serving (1 Large Waffle) Contains: 837 calories; 10 g protein; 36 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 113 g total carbohydrates (13 g of sugar); 468 mg sodium (from Sea Salt)