Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks with Honey Mustard Sauce
These pretzel sticks are gluten free but do not lack in flavour or texture - with honey mustard dipping sauce as a perfect accompaniment.
Servings: 16 Pretzel Sticks
- 1 ½ Cup Water (Lukewarm)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cane sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Organic White Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 5 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 3 tbsp Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- Combine ¼ Cup water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry pretzel ingredients and add the yeast mixture, water and olive oil.
- Kneed, form into a ball, and proof in at room temperature or a warm window sill for 1 hour – covered with a cloth.
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Using a piping bag and a large round tip, pipe desired length of pretzel sticks onto a parchment lined baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the glaze ingredients and brush on top of pretzel sticks.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey mustard ingredients and enjoy along side warm pretzel sticks!
Each Serving Contains: 130 calories; 1g protein; 2 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 27 g total carbohydrates; 8 g of sugar; 141 mg sodium