Featured Recipe: Aloo Mutter (Gluten Free, Vegan)
There is nothing better than dishes that are naturally gluten free, where no substitutions need to be made – much like our spin on this traditional Indian dish.
Servings: 10 People
- 3 lb Organic Russet Potatoes (Large Dice)
- 3 Cups Organic Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Can “Ontario Natural Food Co-op” Organic Diced Tomatoes (796mL)
- 1 Large Organic Onion (Diced)
- 2 tbsp Organic Ginger (Minced)
- 2 tbsp Organic Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Can Organic Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk (400mL)
- 2 tbsp “Ayrvinda’s” Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Organic Paprika
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Oil (Butter Flavoured)
- Sea Salt to Taste
- ½ Cup Organic Cilantro
- 3 Cups Water
- In a large stew pot, over medium heat, sauté onions, ginger, garlic, garam masala, paprika and sea salt in coconut oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes, peas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat, add fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Each Serving Contains: 335 calories; 8g protein; 8 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 57 g total carbohydrates; 7 g of sugar; 75 mg sodium (Not including added salt)
Leave a Comment