Wild Rice – Mushroom Goulash
Makes 9 cups
This warm, hearty dish is full of immune boosting mushrooms and packed with garlic, helping you keep cold symptoms at bay!
- 4 cups Crimini mushrooms (sliced, loosely packed)
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms (sliced, de-stemmed, loosely packed)
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms (sliced, loosely packed)
- 2 cups Oyster mushrooms (sliced, loosely packed)
- 1 cup Wild rice (dry)
- 2 cups Onion (diced)
- 3 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ cup Celery (diced)
- 1 ½ cups Carrot (diced)
- ½ tbsp Rosemary (fresh, minced)
- 4 cups (1L) “Pacific” low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tbsp “Filsinger’s Organic” apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp “Sarafino” extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp “Frontier” black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Potato starch
- Soak wild rice overnight, rinse and simmer in 2 cups of water, covered for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté everything but veggie broth, vinegar and potato starch for 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, veggie broth and wild rice.
- Ladle out ¼ cup of broth into a bowl and whisk in the potato starch. Add the starch “slurry” into the simmering pot and stir well.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes stirring frequently. Enjoy the goulash on its own, or accompanied by a baked sweet potato.
Each Serving Contains:
362 calories; 12 g protein; 8 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 64 g total carbohydrates (but only 8 g of sugar!); 211 mg sodium (without added salt)