Featured Recipe: Tofu & Veggie Scramble (Heart Healthy)
Tofu & Veggie Scramble
Makes 3 cups (2 Servings)
Enjoy a delicious breakfast scramble while getting complete protein and no added cholesterol! Tofu is a great source of calcium and can aid in LDL cholesterol reduction!
- 397g Pack of “Wildwood” Sprouted Firm Tofu
- 1 cup Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 cup Red Pepper (Diced)
- 3-5 Medium Crimini Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 cup Nutritional yeast + ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp “Frontier” Black pepper
- “Frontier” Kala Namak to taste
- 2 tbsp “Sarafino” Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig “Country Herbs” Thyme
- Sauté onion, red pepper and crimini mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan, mix and continue cooking.
- In a bowl combine nutritional yeast, water, kala namak and black pepper.
- Add to the remaining ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer onto serving plates and garnish with fresh thyme.
Each Serving (1 1/2 Cup) Contains:
413 calories; 56 g protein; 14 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 29 g total carbohydrates (Only 4 g of sugar!); 186 mg sodium (not accounting for added kala namak)
Leave a Comment