5 Healthy Tips for Healthy Heart Month!
Courtesy of Michael Morsillo, ND.
You can connect with Michael and learn more about his practice at: http://drmorsillo.com/
1. Be Active! – find ways to be more active throughout each day; exercising daily will improve your overall cardiovascular fitness.
2. De-Stress – be mindful of how stress is affecting you and take time to reduce stress regularly (yoga and meditation are great!).
3. Walnuts – one handful of walnuts will provide you with a good amount of healthy omega-3 fats for your cardiovascular system.
4. Fish – include fish, such as Salmon and other cold-water fish in 2-3 meals per week for heart-healthy fats and a great source of protein.
5. Fiber – Increase your dietary fiber intake to help lower your cholesterol and feel more full after meals. Fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts, seeds, whole grains and legumes are an ideal source!