Featured Recipe: Salted Caramel & Maca Chocolate Eggs (Vegan)
Super decadent and undeniably delicious, this Vegan, dairy-free spin on an Easter classic will have them wondering: how’d you get the caramel inside?
Servings: 12 Mini Eggs
- 1 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Mega Chunks
- 0.5 tsp "Organic Traditions" Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 tbsp “Mason D’Orphee” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup “Dandies” Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 0.5 Cup "Pacific" Organic Almond Milk
- 8 “Natural Delights” Medjool Dates (Pitted)
- 3 tbsp “Mason D’Orphee” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Maca Powder
- In a double boiler melt your chocolate chips and combine with the remaining “chocolate shell” ingredients.
- Pour enough melted chocolate into a silicone egg-shaped mold to fill each slot half way. We used 12 mini-egg halves mold by “Wilton”. Swirl the chocolate around to coat all sides, pour out the rest back into the melted chocolate bowl and set upside down on a parchment lined tray. Cool in a refrigerator for 30 minutes or until solid enough to pop out. Repeat once more.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt your marshmallows with almond milk and whisk frequently until fully combined and liquefied.
- In a high speed blender, combine the melted marshmallows with the remaining “filling” ingredients until smooth. Transfer into a piping bag and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once all of your chocolate shells are ready, dip the edges of each half back into the remaining melted chocolate to help with the seal and pipe in the filling. Join two halves together to form a complete egg. If the halves do not seal well enough after refrigeration, dip the entire egg (two joined halves) into the melted chocolate for another “seal” layer and set back onto your parchment lined tray to set in the fridge until solid. Repeat for all 12 eggs.
- Optionally, dust with extra Maca powder and enjoy as a delicious Easter treat!
Each Serving Contains: 267 calories; 2 g protein; 11 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 43 g total carbohydrates (36 g of sugar); 26 mg sodium