Featured Recipe: Tandoori Chickpea Pizza (Dairy free, Vegan)
Freshly baked, with just the right amount of heat, this Vegan, dairy-free pizza adds a unique and tasty flare to your favourite Friday fare - dig in!
Servings: 8 Slices
- 1 “Nature’s Emporium” Spelt Crust (Gluten Free Crust Can Be Substituted)
- 1 Cup “Guru” Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tbsp “Arvinda” Tandoori Masala
- 1 Can “Eden” Organic Chickpeas (398mL)
- 2 Cups Organic Cauliflower (Roughly Chopped)
- 0.5 Medium Organic Red Onion (Sliced)
- 200 Grams “Earth Island” Vegan Cream Cheese
- 0.25 Cup Fresh Cilantro (Minced)
- 3 tbsp “Mason D’Orphee” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Sauté you onions, cauliflower and chickpeas in coconut oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add ½ cup of vegan butter chicken sauce and “Arvinda” Tandoori Masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stretch out your pizza dough onto a greased pizza baking tray, top with the remaining ½ cup of butter chicken sauce, your sautéed chickpeas, cauliflower and onion mix and dollops of vegan cream cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and top with fresh cilantro before serving.
Each Serving Contains: 165 calories; 7 g protein; 7 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 22 g total carbohydrates (3 g of sugar); 130 mg sodium