Pistachio Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
These pistachio cupcakes are decadent and delicious, packed with heart healthy ingredients like theobromine rich dark chocolate and omega 3 rich avocados.
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 0.5 Cup Organic Applesauce
- 0.66 Cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 0.33 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.75 Cup + 2 tbsp Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup + 2 tbsp Organic All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Cornstarch
- 0.5 tsp Baking Powder Aluminum Free
- 0.5 tsp Baking Soda Aluminum Free
- 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.33 cup Organic Pistachios Ground
- 2 Cups Organic Avocado Packed
- 0.75 Cups "Mum's" Raw Cacao Powder
- 0.5 Cups "Madhava" Raw Agave Nectar Room Temperature
- 2 tbsp "Nutiva" Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Melted
- 0.25 tsp "Organic Traditions" Vanilla Bean Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 0.33 cup Organic Pistachios (Roughly Chopped To Sprinkle on Top)
- 6 Organic Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, soy milk, oil, sugar and rosewater. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add pistachios and stir to mix. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fill the liners three-quarters of the way. Bake about 18 minutes or until done. Let cool before frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a food processor until smooth and transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe on top of your cupcakes using a medium size star tip and decorate using heart cut-outs of our “Fruit & Nut Chocolate Energy Bars” or chopped pistachios and half a strawberry, fanned out.
Each Serving Contains: 421 calories; 8 g protein; 25 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 48 g total carbohydrates (27 g of sugar); 147 mg sodium