Featured Recipe: Valentine's Day - Heart Healthy Salad with Chef Lester Austin
Join Nature's "Eat Well" Ambassador - Chef Lester Austin as he demonstrates how to prepare a unique and heart healthy salad this Valentine's Day for your special someone.
- 1/4 Cup "Giddy Yoyo" Raw Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup "Earth's Choice" Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Can "Eden" Organic Chickpeas
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 Tbs Ginger (Grated)
- 1 Container "Kind Organics" Cosmic Blend
- 5 Organic Strawberries
- 1 tbs "Nuts for Cheese" Chipotle Cheddar (Grated)
- Place chick peas into a bowl and mix well with olive oil, sea salt and chilli flakes.
- Bake in a 400F degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place coconut milk into small pot and bring up to medium heat (just bubbling).
- Chop chocolate and place into a bowl. Once milk is heated, pour on top of the chocolate and let it rest for 5 minutes. Add black pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in your salad bowl.
- Slice strawberries and add to the bowl along with the cosmic blend.
- Lightly crush the toasted chickpeas with mortar and pestle and add to the salad bowl.
- Place some chocolate on a plate in a circular motion and tower your salad on top. Finish by grating some vegan chipotle cheddar on top and decorate the plate to your liking. Enjoy!