Enjoy a healthy taste of Fall with these amazing gluten-free, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins – created by our upcoming featured guest Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health!
Joy McCarthy is a Holistic Nutritionist, author of Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well without Dieting, professional speaker, nutrition expert on Global’s Morning Show, Faculty Member at Institute of Holistic Nutrition and co-creator of Eat Well Feel Well, Toronto’s first integrated nutrition and yoga program.
Joy McCarthy will be our special guest at Nature’s Emporium Vaughan this month sharing her 10 Essentials to Joyous Health, presented by our friends at Genuine Health. She was also kind enough to share one of her seasonal, healthy recipes with us in support of this exciting event!
We hope to see you out at her event, and we hope you enjoy the recipe – thanks Joy!
A Note from Joy:
“These sinfully delicious muffins are gluten-free, refined-sugar free (I used maple syrup) and full of goodness and flavour!”
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2.5 tsp of pumpkin spice or better yet combine the following: 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional but highly recommended: ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Combine all the dry ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Then add the wet to the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place batter into muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until a fork inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 15 muffins. Or 12 if you make them larger
Be sure to visit Joy’s beautiful new website and learn more about joyous health, by clicking on the link below!