Featured Recipe: Cream of Cashew Spinach Soup (Dairy Free, Vegan)
Cream of Cashew Spinach Soup
A rich and filling vegan soup made with heart healthy cashews that make this the perfect hearty winter meal!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 Packs “Classic Salads” Organic Baby Spinach 283g X 2
- 1 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 3 Large Organic Carrots Diced
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Organic Cashews
- 0.5 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Cups Water
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pre-heat a soup pot with olive oil and cook the onions, garlic and carrots over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it’s fully wilted.
- In a blender, combine cashews, water, vinegar, nutritional yeast and sea salt until smooth and creamy. Set aside ¼ Cup.
- Add the cashew cream to the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes and puree using a classic blender (in batcheor an emersion blender straight into the pot.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of cashew cream on top that you have previously set aside.
Each Serving Contains: 239 calories; 11 g protein; 15 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 17 g total carbohydrates (5 g of sugar); 124 mg sodium
How did you get the design? Thanks
To make the design, we placed the cashew cream that we previously set aside into a piping bag with a fine tip (you can use a squeeze bottle too) and made rings from large to small working our way from the edge of the plate to the center. The rings should almost look like a target and should not be touching at this point. Then we drew lines from the edge of the plate to the center and alternated between center to edge. This is what creates the design.
Hope that helps! Let us know how it turns out if you end up trying it out!
– Your Friends @ Nature’s Emporium
I just maid this soup to my employer.. You what they love it .thank you for sharing your recipe
Thanks for letting us know, Annabelle! We’re glad to hear it was a hit!
-Your friends @ Nature’s Emporium