Cream of Cashew Spinach Soup
A rich and filling vegan soup made with heart healthy cashews that make this the perfect hearty winter meal!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 Packs “Classic Salads” Organic Baby Spinach 283g X 2
- 1 Large Organic Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 3 Large Organic Carrots Diced
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Organic Cashews
- 0.5 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Cups Water
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pre-heat a soup pot with olive oil and cook the onions, garlic and carrots over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it’s fully wilted.
- In a blender, combine cashews, water, vinegar, nutritional yeast and sea salt until smooth and creamy. Set aside ¼ Cup.
- Add the cashew cream to the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes and puree using a classic blender (in batcheor an emersion blender straight into the pot.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of cashew cream on top that you have previously set aside.
Each Serving Contains: 239 calories; 11 g protein; 15 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 17 g total carbohydrates (5 g of sugar); 124 mg sodium