Featured Recipe: Chickpea Tikka Masala (Gluten Free, Vegan)
This hearty indian vegan dish is comforting and filling, with an array of nutrients that support blood sugar metabolism.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 Cans “Eden” Organic Chickpeas (796mL)
- 1 Small Organic Cauliflower (Broken up Into Florets)
- 1 Cup Frozen Organic Green Peas
- 1 Pack “Soyganic” Smoked Tofu (210g) (Cubed)
- 0.5 Cup Fresh Organic Cilantro (Chopped)
- 3 tbsp Tikka Masala
- 1 tbsp "Frontier" Coriander (Ground)
- 1.5 tsp “Frontier” Cumin (Ground)
- 0.5 tsp Cardamom (Ground)
- 0.5 tsp Nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tbsp Organic Fresh Ginger (Minced)
- 4 tbsp “Maison D’Orphee Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Organic White Onion (Diced)
- 1 Can “Ontario Natural Food Co-Op” Crushed Tomatoes (796mL)
- 1 Container Yoso Natural Soy Yogurt
- 1 Can “Thai Kitchen” Organic Coconut Milk
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- Combine all of ingredients except for cilantro in a large pot and simmer for 40 minutes on medium low heat.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the fresh cilantro.
- Serve over basmati rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Each Serving Contains: 247 calories; 12g protein; 11g total fat (0 g trans fat); 24 g total carbohydrates (3 g of sugar); 112 mg sodium (without extra salt added)