Featured Recipe: Strawberry Sensation Juice
Strawberry Sensation Juice
With strawberries, oranges, and carrots, this juice is refreshing, and rich in powerful antioxidants that will benefit the cardiovascular system and provide protection against arthritis.
A healthy heart is key to staying active. Featuring strawberries, oranges, carrots, and kale, this juice is rich in powerful antioxidants that will benefit your cardiovascular system. Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that can protect the cardiovascular system, prevent cardiovascular disease, improve blood sugar regulation, and decrease risk of type 2 diabetes. In fact, strawberries are the best fruit source of vitamin C and a single cup of strawberries contains over 110% of your daily value of vitamin C. Oranges are also rich in vitamin C with one medium orange providing over 90% of your daily value. Carrots on the other hand are best known for their rich supply of the antioxidant nutrient known as beta-carotene which has also been shown to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease while kale is highly effective for lowering cholesterol.
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries, hulled
- 2 carrots, unpeeled
- 1 orange, peeled, leave white pith on
- 1 cup (250 mL) kale or other dark greens, packed
- Wash and put al ingredients through a juicer or, if using a blender, follow steps 2 through 4 below.
- Put 3/4 cup (180 mL) water in blender, add cut-up produce, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth, twist, and apply gentle pressure to get all the liquid out.
- Discard pulp.
Leave a Comment