Maple Syrup Day Recipe: Maple Panna Cotta with Praline Pecans
Celebrate Maple Syrup Day by Indulging in this sinfully delicious, rich and creamy Panna Cotta topped with crunchy and sweet Pecans. The best part? Its completely dairy free and vegan!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 Cans “Thai Kitchen” Organic Coconut Milk
- 0.25 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 tbsp Agar Agar (+ ½ Cup Warm Water)
- 0.75 Cup “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 0.25 Cup “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 0.25 Cup “Naked Coconut” Coconut Oil (Melted)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Dissolve agar agar in water by blending for 1 minute and bring to a simmer in a sauce pan.
- Add the remaining “Panna Cotta” ingredients while whisking vigorously, bring to a boil and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into desired serving dishes and allow to set in a refrigerator overnight or at least for a few hours.
- For the “Praline Pecans”, toast your pecans lightly at 350F for 5-6 minutes or dry roast in a pan over medium heat.
- Combine the remaining “Praline Pecan ingredients in a bowl and toss with the toasted pecans.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to cool fully in a refrigerator while your panna cotta is setting.
- Unmold the panna cotta onto serving plates, top with a serving of praline pecans and an optional drizzle of maple syrup.