Teff Flour Fudge Brownies
With Teff Flour as the primary ingredient in this recipe, these chocolate brownies make a delicious gluten-free treat.
Teff leads all the grains – by a wide margin – in its calcium content, with a cup of cooked teff offering 123 mg, about the same amount of calcium as in a half-cup of cooked spinach. It’s also an excellent source of vitamin C, a nutrient not commonly found in grains.
Teff is also high in dietary fiber that is shown to benefit blood-sugar management, weight control, and colon health.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup teff flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup xylitol (honey)
- 3 tbsp. liquid honey (omit and add 1/16 tsp of stevia)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- chocolate chips to sprinkle over top of batter
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8” x 8” glass pan.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into your pan, and spread the batter evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
TIP: Be careful not to over bake your brownies as they may become too dry.
If you enjoyed this recipe or want to share your own gluten-free recipe, leave us a comment below.