Vegan, Dairy-Free Organic Sweet Potato Filo Pockets
A delicious finish to a Thanksgiving dinner for anyone who loves fall flavours but wants an alternative to classic pumpkin desserts.
Servings: 30 Pockets
- 1 Box Filo Dough 454g
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil For Brushing or Avocado Oil Spray
- ½ Cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes Boiled
- ¾ Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- 1 Organic Lemon Worth of Zest
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl mash the sweet potatoes and combine with the remaining filling ingredients.
- Cut your sheet of filo into 4 equal strips lengthwise.
- Spray top layer of one of the strips with avocado oil spray.
- Place a dollop of filling on the far left end of the first strip and fold 2 sheets at a time diagonally, forming continuous triangle formations until you reach the end of the strip.
- Place onto a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients and spray all the triangles with avocado oil before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a dollop of coconut whip or apricot preserve.