Celebrate the fall harvest with this seasonally spectacular Vegan rendition of a traditional favourite – guaranteed to warm your spirits as the seasons turn!
Rich source of Beta Carotene, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium & Phosphorus. Also an excellent source of Fibre, Potassium, Manganese, Copper & Riboflavin!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Yellow Onion
- 2 tspn. Ground Cumin
- 1 Can Organic Pumpkin Pureé
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash – Peeled & Cubed
- 1L of Organic Vegetable Stock
- To Top: Yoso Unsweetened Almond & Cashew ‘Yogurt’
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over low/medium heat. Cook onion until soft & translucent. Add cumin and cook until fragrant.
- Add Pumpkin Pureé, Butternut Squash and Vegetable Stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until butternut squash is soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a large blender and pureé soup until very smooth.
- Serve directly into bowl, topping with a dollup of Yoso Unsweetened Almond & Cashew ‘Yogurt’ – available in our Dairy & Beyond department!