Featured Recipe: Diabetic Brownies (Dairy Free, Vegan)
Rich and gooey brownies are not always synonymous with “diabetic-friendly”. With only 1g of sugar per serving, you can indulge in these brownies and feel good about it!
Servings: 24 Brownies
- 0.5 Cup Organic Zucchini (Finely Shredded, Drained)
- 0.33 Cup Organic Applesauce (Unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Water (Plus 2 tbsp)
- 2 tsp “Flavorganics” Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Organic Flaxmeal
- 0.5 Cup “Maison Orphée” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Plus 2 tbsp) (Melted)
- 0.75 Cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Organic All purpose Flour
- 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp Baking Soda (Aluminum Free)
- 0.75 Cup “Xyla” Xylitol (Plus 2 tbsp)
- 0.5 Cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 0.5 Cup “Maison Orphée” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 4 tbsp “Nature’s Hollow” Sugar-Free Maple Flavoured Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and set aside for a few minutes, until the mixture thickens up.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and stir into wet until well combined, ensuring to not overmix.
- Pour into a rectangular parchment lined baking dish and bake 22-26 minutes and allow to cool before icing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients and spread evenly on top of the brownies.
- Set in a refrigerator overnight, or for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Each Serving Contains: 126 calories; 2 g protein; 9 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 11g total carbohydrates (1g of sugar); 75 mg sodium