Carrot Lox (Smoked “Salmon”)
A simple but delicious plant-based take on the classic lox. It has all of the flavour with none of the fishiness of real salmon. Besides, it’s practically just carrots!
Servings: 6 People
- 4 Medium Organic Carrots
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Miso Paste
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Dulse Flakes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Organic Flax Oil
- Tofutti Cream Cheese
- Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Slice your carrots into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin.
- Combine the rest of the lox ingredients in a bowl, leaving out the flax oil.
- Toss the carrots with the remaining lox ingredients, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes covered or until carrots have softened but not mushy.
- Allow to cool completely and toss with flax oil.
- Assemble your “cream cheese” and lox bagels as desired and enjoy!
*Nutritional serving for Lox only Each Serving Contains: 66 calories; 2g protein; 5 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 5g total carbohydrates (2 g of sugar); 433 mg sodium