Featured Guest Recipe: Gluten Free Berry Tower with Chef Lester Austin
Join Chef Lester Austin this Gluten-Free Month and learn how to prepare his daughter's favourite dessert - Gluten Free Berry Tower, with fresh organic berries and freshly whipped cream!
- 1/2 pint Organic Raspberries
- 1/2 Pint Organic Blackberries
- 5 Organic Mint Leaves Chopped
- 1 tsp Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 Pizelle Cookies
- 1 tsp Orange Extract
- 1/2 cup "Nature's Emporium" Orange Juice
- 1 Orange Zested
- 1 cup 35% Cream
- 2 tbsp Confectioners Sugar
- Warm orange juice up, add extract and zest, mix well. Place cookies into dish and pour juice over cookies. Allow cookies to rest for 5 to 10 mins.
- Cut raspberries and blackberries down the centre and place into a bowl. Season with cane sugar and chopped mint. Mix well.
- Start whipping cream and whip until fluffy. Add confectioners sugar and fold in carefully.
- Place whipped cream and some berries in centre of waffle. Take another cookie and press down so cream reaches edge, repeat with another layer of whipped cream and berries and press down with third cookie. Place alternating raspberries and blackberries on all sides of tower. place some whipped cream, berries and mint on top. Enjoy!