Featured Recipe: Detox Soup by Lester Austin
Join our "Eat Well" Ambassador Lester Austin and learn how to cook a gourmet Detox Soup, loaded with nutrients and ingredients that promote and support your body's natural detoxification processes.
- 1 Organic Shallot Diced
- 1 Large Organic Carrot Diced
- 2 Tsp Organic Turmeric Grated
- 2 Tsp Organic Garlic
- 2 Tsp Organic Ginger
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp Butter Flavoured Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Organic Sweet Potato Diced
- 3 Sprigs Organic Green Onion Chopped
- 1 Litre Organic Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tsp Miso
- 1.5 Cup Black Bean Pasta Cooked
- 2 Tsp Organic Oregano Dried
- 2 Tbs Organic Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tbs Organic Anise Seed
- 2 Tbs Organic Cumin Seed
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
- 2 Tbs Kefir
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 0.5 Cup Organic Basil Micro Greens
- Saute shallots, carrots, grated turmeric, ginger and garlic with coconut oil over medium heat.
- Allow flavours to release from sauteing for a couple minutes.
- Add sweet potato, green onion and black pepper add a little more coconut oil if needed.
- Saute for 4 more minutes to allow flavours to combine well.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and miso paste.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, add butter flavoured coconut oil to hot pan, temper cumin, coriander and anise seeds for a couple minutes and add peppers.
- Saute well and add black bean pasta. Mix well and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add lemon zest to Kefir.
- Ladle some hot soup into a bowl, place desired amount of red peppers and pasta on soup, garnish with lemon Kefir and basil micro greens.