Featured Recipe: Apple-Carrot Detox Balls (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Apple-Carrot Detox Balls (Gluten Free, Vegan)
These detox-friendly dessert balls are packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and healthy omega 3 fatty acids, leaving your sweet tooth satisfied and guilt free!
- 3 Organic Pink Lady Apples Grated
- 3 Organic Carrots Grated
- 1 Cup Organic Walnuts Ground
- 1 Cup Quick Cooking Organic Oats Ground
- 0.5 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 0.5 Cup Organic Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Ceylon Cinnamon
- “Xyla” Xylitol Granules For Rolling - Optional
- Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, squeeze all of the juice out of grated carrots and apples and place into a separate bowl. Drink the juice or use in a smoothie.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the ground apples and carrots, leaving out only xylitol granules for rolling.
- Combine well by hand, roll into 25 equal size balls, roll into xylitol granules and refrigerate for a few hours or ideally overnight before serving.
Each Serving Contains: 103 calories; 2 g protein; 6 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 12g total carbohydrates (7 g of sugar); 9 mg sodium
Thanks! We hope you do try, and let us know what you think.
-Your friends @ Nature’s Emporium