Quinoa Curry Cakes With Cashew “Yogurt” Sauce
Makes 32 – 2oz Cakes + 2 ½ cups Cashew “Yogurt” Sauce
These protein packed patties make a great nutrient rich meal topped with dairy free cashew “yogurt” sauce, providing healthy fats and cleansing herbs. Enjoy on their own or on top of basmati rice.
- 3 Cups Dry Quinoa + 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (Ground)
- 2 Cup Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Cup Celery (Minced)
- 1 Cup Carrot (Grated)
- 3 tbsp “Barlean’s” Whole Chia Seeds (Ground) + 1 Cup Water (Whisked)
- 3 tbsp “Frontier” Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup “Bob’s Red Mill” All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Cups Cashews
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp “Filsinger’s” Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Cilantro (Minced)
- ¼ Cup Mint (Minced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Rinse the Quinoa thoroughly and cook in 2 cups of boiling water and 1 tbsp curry powder for 15 minutes on medium low heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrot and 1 tbsp curry powder in 1 tbsp of coconut oil for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine the sautéed vegetables, quinoa, ground pumpkin seeds, gluten free flour, sea salt and the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of curry powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ground chia and water and combine with the rest of the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until cooled enough to be handled.
- Set your oven to 375F.
- Using a 2oz ice cream scoop, measure out each quinoa cake and form by hand, placing them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip the cakes over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with a dollop of the Cashew “Yogurt” Sauce!
Cashew “Yogurt” Sauce:
- Blend all ingredients but cilantro and mint until smooth.
- Mince cilantro and mint by hand and stir into sauce.
Each Quinoa Curry Cake Serving (1 Cake) Contains:
110 calories;4 g protein; 4 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 15 g total carbohydrates (Only 1 g of sugar!); 89 mg sodium
Each Cashew “Yogurt” Sauce Serving (approximately 1 1/2 tbsp) Contains:
41 calories; 1 g protein; 3 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 2 g total carbohydrates (Only 1 g of sugar!); 41 mg sodium