Featured Recipe: Mac ‘n “Cheese” With Collards (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of home made mac n cheese! Here is a way to experience it without any dairy or gluten, suitable for people with gluten sensitivities and vegans!
Servings: 4 People
- 227 Grams "Ancient Harvest" Organic Quinoa/Corn Pasta Elbows
- 1 Bunch Collard Greens 1 Bunch = 3 Cups Chiffonade Cut
- 0.5 Cups Onion Diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews
- 0.25 Cups “Filsinger’s” Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Nutritional Yeast
- 0.5 Cups Onion
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Add quinoa elbows to 4L of salted, boiling water, turn down the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes and strain.
- Sautee your collards, onion, garlic and smoked paprika in olive oil for 6-8 minutes on medium heat.
- In a high speed blender, blend all of the “Cheese” ingredients until smooth.
- Combine everything in a large mixing bowl and spread into a parchment-lined baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 25 minutes and enjoy!
Each Serving Contains: 1076 calories; 77 g protein; 40 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 103 g total carbohydrates (Only 7 g of sugar!); 517 mg sodium