Featured Halloween Recipe: Jack O’ Lantern Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)
Jack O’ Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Spook your kids into trying these delicious, vegan stuffed peppers and they will be asking for seconds not just because of how fun they are to eat!
Servings: 5 People
- 5 Organic Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup “Lundberg” Organic Long Grain Rice
- 1 Pack “Yves Ground Round” 340g
- 2 Medium Organic Onions Diced
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic Minced
- 1 Can Organic Diced Tomatoes 796ml
- ¼ Cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a medium sized pot, saute your onions, garlic and ground round in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the long grain rice and diced tomatoes, stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Take the top part of each bell pepper out with a paring knife, set aside and carve out the jack o’ lantern characters.
- FIll each pepper with the filling, pop the lids back on and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes.
Leave a Comment