Featured Halloween Recipe: Le Serpent Mort! (Cheesy Snake Bread – Vegan)
Le Serpent Mort! (Cheesy Snake Bread)
An incredibly fun way to eat a “cheesy” bread, without any dairy or refined ingredients found in typical dairy free cheeses. This one will be a hit in your household this halloween and not just with the kids!
Servings: 6 Kids
- 1 Nature’s Spelt Pizza Dough 440g
- 2 tbsp Organic Olive Oil For Brushing
- Sliver of Organic Red Bell Pepper For Tongue
- ½ Kalamata Olive Pitted and Sliced – For Eyes
- ¼ Medium Organic Butternut Squash Roasted
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ Large Organic Onion
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic
- ½ tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil Buttery Flavour
- ¼ Cup Organic Broccoli Cooked
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a long and thin pizza, unlike a classic circular shape.
- In a blender, combine all of the filling ingredients and allow to cool before assembly.
- Place the filling onto the long edge of the crust closest to you and roll into a long snake.
- Transfer carefully onto a parchment lined baking sheet and form into a desired snake shape.
- Shape the head of the snake and decorate with the red pepper tongue and kalamata olive eyes.
- Brush with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- If the green cheesiness oozes out, it adds to the effect!
Leave a Comment