Featured Earth Day Recipe: Raw Broccoli Salad
Broccoli is an excellent source of antioxidants and provides outstanding anti-inflammatory support. Raw broccoli however, can provide provide additional health benefits for your digestive tract. Try raw broccoli today in this delicious salad.
- 3 cups of chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped coriander or cilantro
- 1 Tsp. of cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Tsp. of sea salt
- Wash and finely chop the broccoli, several florets at a time. As you chop the broccoli, incorporate 1 clove of garlic, then add a second clove of garlic and continue chopping until pieces are 1cm small.
- Place the broccoli into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and then mix well.
- Cover and let the broccoli salad mixture sit in the fridge for one hour.
- This dish is best served on its own or with a meal that includes chicken or seafood.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have a recipe of your own that features raw broccoli, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch by leaving us a comment below.