Inspire Your Kids’ Culinary Genius with this Dairy-Free Berry Coconut Yogurt Bowl!
It’s Mother’s day this week – a day I truly love to stretch out as long as possible because I get to celebrate that I have two incredible sons, who like to reverse our roles for an hour and make me breakfast.
If you have kids, and you’ve been made a “kid-inspired” meal, you know that you might get just about anything on your plate.
There’s no combination that’s off limits.
Last year I got eggs, carrots & raisins in a bowl with a beaming smile hiding behind it.
Not something I’d normally make for myself, but I’ll tell you it was delicious!
Kid-inspired meals have that magic ingredient that can turn any non-traditional combination, any mistake, into a heart melting delicious meal. You can taste the love.
The best part of this love-made food is that it works both ways. Making food for others is a form of nurturing and helps to bond us to our loved ones. For children, making something in the kitchen for a parent or another family member helps to boost happiness, confidence, trust and creativity.
Yogurt bowls are the perfect kid-friendly recipes to get them involved in the kitchen and to their own love-infused masterpiece. No matter how young or old the energy you put into your creative edible masterpiece is felt by those who consume it.
Berry Coconut Yogurt Bowl
- 1 container Yoso Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tsp Find Your Chill Blue Matcha
- 1 tsp Pitaya Organic Freeze Dried Dragon Fruit
- 1-2 tbsp Beekeepers Naturals Raw Bee Pollen
- 1 tbsp Miski Organics Cacao Nibs
- 1-2 tbsp Hippie Snacks Coconut Chips (original)
- 1/4 cup Organic blueberries
- 2 Organic Strawberries, cut into hearts
- Divide coconut yogurt in half in two separate small bowls.
- Add 1 tsp of Blue Matcha in one bowl and mix until yogurt is completely blue
- Add 1 tsp of freeze dried Dragon Fruit in the other bowl and mix until the yogurt is pink
- Carefully pour both colours into a third bowl so that there is pink on one side and blue on the other.
- To make blended swirls, drag a knife from one end to the bowl to the other
- Add toppings to the top of the bowl and get as creative as you want!
About the Author:
Miranda Malisani is the Spokesperson and Director of Health & Wellness at Nature’s Emporium. She’s also a nationally recognized holistic nutritionist, TV personality and a mom of two.