Enjoy the taste of good health with this incredible Curry Quinoa Salad!
If you love the delicious flavour of a good quinoa dish, and are looking for a seriously healthy salad, look no further! This great recipe has it all, featuring anti-oxidant rich fresh cilantro, beta-carotene packed fresh mango and protein rich black beans.
We hope that you enjoy, and don’t forget: sharing is caring!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup mango, finely diced
- 1 can black beans
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- ¼ cup organic olive oil
- Dash of pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, sea salt and the four spices to the water (mmm curry spices are my favourite!). Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, spread on a large baking sheet and let cool in the fridge completely.
- In the meantime, chop the cilantro, green onion, red pepper, and mango; set aside.
- Start getting excited, because this is going to be yummy!
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Place cooled quinoa in a large salad bowl, add all ingredients together. Toss to combine and season with additional sea salt and pepper. This dish is even better when it has marinated overnight!