Featured Recipe: Turkey & Cheese Enchiladas (Dairy Free, Vegan)
Turkey & Cheese Enchiladas (Dairy Free, Vegan)
A great way to introduce your kids to interesting spices would be in these familiar tasting enchiladas – all while dairy free and vegan!
Servings: 5 Enchiladas
- 5 Wheat Flour Tortillas Large
- 20 Hickory Smoked Tofurky Slices
- 1 Pack “Earth Island” Cheddar & Mozzarella 227g
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Fresh Organic Cilantro
- ½ Cup “Tofutti” Sour Cream
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer over medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Assemble the enchiladas by splitting the tofurky slices and vegan cheese evenly between the 5 wraps and rolling them like burritos. Set aside a bit of cheese to top the enchiladas.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a parchment lined casserole dish, place the enchiladas side by side and top with the sauce and vegan cheese that was set aside. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with vegan sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Leave a Comment