Featured Recipe: Spider Cookies (Vegan)
A fun and delicious way to get the kids involved this Halloween, these sweet treats are sure to be a creepy crowd pleaser!
Servings: 24 Cookies
- 0.66 Cup “Rogers” Organic Cane Sugar
- 0.66 Cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 0.66 Cup “Maison D’Orphee Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 0.5 Cup "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp "Simply Organic" Vanilla Extract
- 2.5 Cups Organic Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp Aliminum Free Baking Soda
- 1 tsp “El Peto” Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.75 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- 24 Dried Black Mission Figs
- 0.25 Pack “Candy Tree” Organic Licorice Laces (75g Pack)
- 0.25 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips (Melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cane sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop cookies onto two parchment lined baking sheets pressing them down slightly before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool before decorating.
- Cut the licorice laces into desired length “spider legs” and use one black mission fig per cookie as the “spider body”.
- Get your kids involved in decorating and dip each of the elements into the melted chocolate to help them stick to the cookie.
Each Serving Contains: 205 calories; 3 g protein; 10 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 28g total carbohydrates (17 g of sugar); 182 mg sodium