Organic raw black sesame seeds are the star of these brownies! Black sesame seeds contain anti-aging, immune boosting and digestive healing properties. This little seed has a whopping amount of essential nutrients. With minerals, vitamins, protein, healthy fats and fibre, black sesame seeds will give you a body boost while enjoying this delectable dessert.
Miranda’s Black Sesame Brownies
- 1 cup organic black sesame butter
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 chia eggs: 2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Salted Caramel Topping
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp lacuma
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a healthy oil (I used avocado) grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix chia seeds and water and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until mixture turns gooey
- In a large bowl, combine the black sesame butter, monk fruit, raw honey, vanilla extract and the chia eggs. Mix until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, collagen, salt and baking soda until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- At this point you’ll need to use your elbow grease! This batter is thick.
- Bake on the middle rack for 22-25 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. It will be soft, but as it cools the brownie hardens.
Salted Caramel Topping Instructions:
- Boil hot water and pour over Medjool dates. Let soak for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add all ingredients including softened dates into a high powered blender or food processor and puree until smooth
- Add on top of chilled brownies, slice and enjoy!
Miranda Malisani, Holistic Nutritionist, Spokesperson and Director of Health & Wellness